Some are family functions, some are religious functions, some are national functions, some are international functions – WHICH IS A UNIVERSAL FUNCTION – Birthday celebrations of a True Mahathma is a UNIVERSAL FUNCTION
3rd November 2013 Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji’s Jayanthi is celebrated by Global Organisation for Divinity and it has been communicated to various Namadwaars and GOD satsangs across the globe to do Annadhanam (serve free food) / give free dresses to people in Old age homes, orphanages, home for mentally / physically challenged care centers, home for destitute women on the occasion of Sri Swamiji's Jayanthi. Namadwaars and GOD satsangs are also adviced to conduct Akanda Nama kirtan for world peace, harmony and a prosperous life for one and all on this auspicious day.
Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji
" If you get a proper Guru (‘Uttama Guru’), then Guru Bhakti is the easiest way
Here are a few of numerous reasons why such a Guru Bhakti is supreme:
- You can see your Guru as you see anyone else.
- You can talk to your Guru as you talk to anyone else
- The Guru is easily approachable
- The Guru can get his ideas clearly across to you
- The Guru will battle with you to make you good
- God Himself says that its verily God who comes in the form of the Guru to liberate masses.
- The Guru never expects anything else from you but for your love
- You can visit his place and enjoy bliss and peace
- The Guru can visit your place too.
- The Guru will never destroy or curse anybody (even God could kill a Kamsa or a Ravana, but the Guru’s compassion is boundless)
- Instead of cursing bad people, the Guru will transform them to godliness
- The Guru will remove your obstacles in the divine path — both internal and external.
- The Guru is the only person in the world who can do something good to you without any reason
- The very sight of your Guru will help you develop your faith in God.
- Scriptures say that your Soul, God and the Guru are one and the same.
Please check these: Excerpts from a discourse by our Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji
When a disciple leads his life with the clear understanding that it is the Guru who is running his life – adverse or otherwise, completely emptying the mind of personal likes and dislikes, seeing everything as Guru's leela, attains realization
To collect people living around one's home and help them chant the Lord's Name is verily service to the Guru. Or to follow the special instruction given to him/her by the Guru is verily 'service' to the Guru.