There is a Perumal temple in my native village that is locked up most of the time and the ‘Archaka’ would not hand over the keys or responsibilities to anyone. I requested them to take measures to have it renovated, however no one is willing to take responsibility. Every other small temple by the roadside becomes famous in no time, but this ancient temple is in a sad state. When will this be renovated? It is my ambition to have it renovated.
Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji
One can become rich by honest earnings or through unlawful means. However the second path is not permanent.
In the same way, a temple becomes famous by its ‘sannidhyam’ (presence of divinity of the Lord). It could become popular through publicity etc., but that is not permanent.
In order to bring about Sannidhyam in the temple, organize Akhanda Maha Mantra Kirtan for 7 days in the temple precincts with not less than 3 bhaktas chanting at any point in time.
When this is performed. The Lord will show a way out and a solution towards renovation will definitely be born.
In view of Sri Swamiji's 52nd Thirunakshatra and Gopashtami, by the divine grace of Thakurji, an Akhanda Mahamantra Kirtana Saptaham is being held from 4th – 10th Nov, 2013 at the Bhagavata Bhavanam hall of the Madhurapuri Ashram
Details of some of the previous 'Nãma Saptãha Yajna' (Chanting Mahamantra for 7 days):
· March 5, 2000 to March 11, 2000 at RR Sabha, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004.
· February 26, 2001 to March 4, 2001 at RR Sabha, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004.
· Sri Nidhi Kalyana Mantap, Nanganallur, Chennai, from 4th March to 10th March, 2004
· May 21, 2006 to May 27, 2006 – Simultanoeulsy in various 37 satsanghs at Ambasamudram; Ambur; Periyakulam; Thanjavur; Suchindram; Salem; Trichy; Kovvur; Mangalur; Tuticorin; Singaperumal Koil; Vellakovil; Madurai; Coimbatore; Gudiyatham; Peranampet; Pollachi; Kancheepuram; Pudupalayam; Alwarpet; Nanganallur; T Nagar; Foreshore Estate; Valasarawakkam; Jafferkhanpet; Ayanavaram; Virugambakkam; Chromepet; Pammal; Ambattur; Sivakasi; Bangalore; Kanyakumari; Govindapuram; Cheyyar; Sevvur; Maraimalai Nagar; Australia and California, USA.
· 13th Feb to 19th Feb 2013 in all Namadwaars and GOD satsangs across India to chant with a specific prayer request by all participants on each day for bountiful rains in Tamil Nadu